Warehouse Project Management Experts
Get the right team and processes to deliver your critical, game-changing supply chain strategies.
We are project consultants who help Operations teams deliver critical capabilities with best-in-class, industry-expert project management.
- Own large projects or programs like critical site startups or technology additions
- Are responsible for ensuring program ROI and benefits
- Want to pull a complex, cross-functional team together
- Need to minimize risk
- Wonder “Who’s going to lead this project?”
Then we can help.
Our project management methodology and industry expertise has helped clients successfully launch large automated distribution centers, returns centers, conveyance and robotics, program delivery methods, and other capabilities.
Our focus is on distribution, fulfillment, and warehousing projects. Our team has managed in Fortune-100 operations and complex, high-headcount, and highly-automated sites. We’ve worked in Operations and lived the challenges.
What Our Clients Say
“I can’t imagine what this project would be like without Paul” is a phrase often heard at [client]. Paul’s success in managing the complexity of large (>$100M) projects is a function if his world class organizational and facilitation skills, his ability to work broad groups of stakeholders, and a functional depth in logistics/operations he has amassed over years of digging into tough problems.”
Jerry Joye, SVP Operations
- Provide clarity for team and stakeholders on key schedule, scope, cost, and resource planning.
- Align the team through the project
- Provide detailed planning and follow-through
- Integrate the project into your business and supply chain planning
- Manage project risk and uncertainty
- Ensure engaged, responsive communications
- Deliver cost certainty through rigorous bid documents and processes
Engineering & Analysis
You want to be confident that your design is done right the first time.
We can support your team with engineering and analyst services.
We partner with you to understand your business and complete analysis of your requirements. We bring the right experts in to meet your needs for process design, site layouts, and technology selection.
Our approach is quantitative, detailed, and grounded in Lean principles. Our 20+ years of experience in design and operations management ensures a solution that meets real-world needs.
Types of Projects
We embed with your team to deliver:
- Complex site implementations from business case through stabilization
- Project management office setup and administration for large programs
- Project experience includes forward & reverse logistics, large square footage, high headcount, and from minimally to highly automated operations
- Technologies like
- Integrator solution design, procurement, and installation
- Goods-to-person systems
- Robotics and Automated or Laser Guided Vehicle (AGV / LGV) implementations
- Pick module design and implementation
- Project support like
- Foundational alignment on charter & business case
- Project controls
- Site and process design
- Industrial engineering reviews of labor plans and process capacities
- Technology design, procurement, and implementation
Why PL Programs
Experience Huge Value
Our smaller, remote team’s understanding of the industry minimizes the costly onboarding, wasteful churn, and high hourly fees common with larger firms. We’re responsive and on your side.
Operations never stands still, and projects need to be integrated into the overall ongoing business. Take advantage of our experience to identify and avoid pitfalls that lead to huge costs, operational problems, and broken customer relationships.
Amplify Your Productivity
Staying competitive requires maximum productivity. Managing intralogistics projects in-house means juggling competing priorities, potentially minimizing your focus on training, operations, or technology development. Or perhaps you’re experiencing staffing challenges and increasingly rely on vendors to manage more scope through individual projects.
It’s common to partner with outside experts for many reasons, but few firms have the depth and breadth of experience in complex site startups as us. When you partner with us, we’re quick to align with your goals and lead projects on your behalf without constant hand-holding.
Benefit From Our Operational Expertise
We’re into warehousing. We love clean processes, good design, expert execution, and efficient and painless operations. And we love making those things happen for you.
Starting sites or adding capabilities can be messy, with a lot of change and risk. We minimize that risk with our experience starting large sites from concept through detailed design, planning, construction, equipping, staffing, programming, bringing it all together through integrated testing… and then operating the site as it ramps into your network.
You get a team that has been there and understands what can go wrong.
Our project management approach is highly tailored and adapts to your organization. You get clarity throughout all aspects of the project, because no one likes surprises.
Get the right team today.
What Our Clients Say
“I worked with Paul and his team on some ramp-ups for beverage sub-co-packing facilities for one of our customers. Together we handled all the project management tasks for these integrations and start-ups. Working with Paul and his team is absolutely amazing, as they are always on top of everything and make sure that meetings are fun to attend and not a burden. Working with them in a team is just a breath of fresh air and Paul’s knowledge on diverse topics is really impressive. The qualities I appreciated the most from them were that they’re 100% reliable and you can always trust that what they say that they’ll do – they will go above and beyond to make sure that it is taken care of in the best way possible.”
Alexandra Lins, Project Manager
“Everything that we did to ensure a successful startup worked beautifully… By all accounts, by far the best startup [Client] has ever done… Our processes are working.”
Randy B, Director of Operations
PL Programs, LLC is a VA-certified Veteran-Owned Small Business.