Work with great people to help transform supply chains.
We’re not hiring right now, but are always interested in connecting for future Senior Supply Chain Consultant roles. Send us a message and let’s connect!
We look forward to hearing from you!
Senior Supply Chain Consultant
Overview: This role takes lead on warehousing and fulfillment and distribution center engagements. You’ll apply your distribution/logistics/warehousing and project management experience to partner with clients and implement projects ranging from site capacity, quality, and efficiency improvements to new automated greenfield start-ups.
What can you expect?
- Help clients build and transform their logistics and distribution networks
- Be an early employee at a boutique consulting firm. Let’s be open – This is a *very* small company with big goals. Small company settings can be challenging but this is an opportunity to work with great people and have a huge impact with (and on!) the company.
- A culture focused on integrity, respect for people, competence, excellence, and humor
- Compensation with base of 120k – 160k depending on experience, plus bonus opportunity
- Opportunity to help develop and grow with great clients
- Collaboration with teammates and clients to help achieve personal, project, and organizational goals
- Engaging, varied, and challenging work
- Project scope and pay are commensurate with experience
What do we expect?
Project Management (“How”):
- Develop and coordination of project organizations and allocation of project resources, and ensuring proper coverage
- Maintenance of the project plan, including regular updates on progress
- Creation and maintenance of project documentation
- Execute project change control, risk management, and other controls
- Facilitate project meetings, including coordinating schedules, development of slide decks, presentation of material, and leading discussions
- Participation in a variety of meetings, including status, scheduling, key stakeholder, leadership, workshops, etc.
- Identify and assess potential areas of risk and define mitigation plans
- Facilitate resolution of issues and roadblocks
- Collaboration with all departments and personnel, such as technology, finance, operations, distribution, and end-users
- Working alongside clients at project sites to support project implementation
Distribution & Warehousing Expertise (“What”)
- Manage business process, facility, and systems implementations
- Understand key dependencies in inter-functional planning and execution
- Represent client operations teams to other project stakeholders
- Ensure operations requirements are integrated into overall planning
- Drive change from current to future state operations with the client’s team
- Give input on operations and facility layouts to provide solutions designed to increase efficiencies
- Assist in the facility, material handling, and systems selections and procurement
- Assess process and system designs to drive optimization
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of experience in managing in distribution, warehousing, and/or logistics settings
- Experience with construction project management, software project management, or preferably both
- Consulting background in supply chain / logistics or operations
- Strong client and stakeholder management skills
- Experience managing cross-functional projects to a successful outcome
- Strong bias for self-directed learning and figuring things out
- Proven ability to think through business problems, distill information, and develop action plans
- Demonstrated problem-solving aptitude and critical thinking skills
- Willingness to travel on a regular basis with average travel of 20-40% depending on individual project requirements and lifecycle
- Strong MS Office Suite (Excel, Powerpoint, Word) user
- Eligibility to work in the US on a permanent basis without sponsorship
- Degree in quantitative or supply-chain related field
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Do the right thing. Build trust with competence, integrity, and empathy. Our clients, our company, and our partners all deserve respect, humanity, and our best efforts.
- Start with the basics. We reason from first principles and master fundamentals.
- Zoom in, zoom out. Details matter—a lot—but we don’t lose sight of the big picture and context.
- Learn often, share often. We embrace learning, applying knowledge, and helping others succeed. We work to improve and refresh our approaches with deep expertise and multi-disciplinary lenses.
- Have a point of view. No one person has the whole picture or all the right answers. But everyone has a part: bring and voice yours and listen deeply to others.
- Make it repeatable. We build by writing down our processes, successes, and failures.
- Get to the finish line. We finish what we start. “Done” is better than “perfect on paper”.
- Deliver results. Everybody benefits when we do a great job.
- Build a great team. Bring the right people on, make them the best you can.
- We help Operations Teams operate.